We are a Perth-based specialist neuropsychological and psycho-educational assessment and educational consultancy service for children and adolescents (aged 4 to 18 years). Dr. Tien Do and Dr. Tania Bianco are Clinical Neuropsychologists and Clinical Psychologist who offer specialist paediatric assessments for:
- Specific Learning Disorders of Reading (Dyslexia), Mathematics (Dyscalculia) and Written Expression (Dysgraphia)
- Developmental Disabilities including Intellectual Disability
- Consultation with Paediatricians regarding developmental conditions such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Consultation with Speech Pathologist regarding Language Disorders and the impact these have on learning / cognitive profile
- Giftedness and School Readiness
- Acquired Neuropsychological Disorders including acquired brain injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents, cerebral
infections (including meningitis and encephalitis), medical conditions (including epilepsy, cerebral palsy and hypoxic ischemic
injury), genetic and metabolic conditions
- Difficulties with aspects of cognitive functioning affecting learning (including specific challenges with attention, language, visual
processing, memory, processing speed and executive functioning skills)
- Children or adolescents who may be struggling with behavioral, social, and/or psychological difficulties (including anxiety and
depression) interfering with academic functioning
Following our assessments, we provide a detailed overview of your child's strengths and weaknesses in addition to a comprehensive range of home and classroom management strategies appropriate to their individual learning needs. We can also attend school case-conferences to support intervention development and service delivery planning.
Our assessment outcomes assist educators and other health professionals involved in your child's management in a number of ways. Primarily, we focus on understanding and explaining WHY a student is experiencing learning difficulties at school. For example, a student can experience literacy difficulties secondary to underlying language, attention or specific literacy challenges. Our assessments clarify any underlying cognitive or processing vulnerabilities contributing to your child's learning challenges and specify how to target interventions to achieve the best outcomes for your child.